Sewing can be a great pass time to many and to others, it is a great business that can hardly ever run out of clients. Just like any business, it is never easy to meet the demands of the clients let alone meet your own standards as well. Having a good and capable sewing machine can be a great part of ensuring that you put your best foot forward in not only being able to meet the expectations of your clients but also ensuring that you have a great experience while doing this. A great option in this case would be the Baby Lock range of sewing machines.
What makes Baby Lock a great option?
While there are plenty of brands that you can choose from, there are a number of reasons that make Baby Lock a preferred choice for most users regardless of whether you are a novice or an expert in the field.
The brand features machines and models that are a perfect fit for all kinds of people. They are a perfect fit regardless of whether you are looking for something to get by at your home or a fierce performer to bring success to your business. Baby Lock has machines that are fit for all skill levels.
A great deal of their models come with a simplified threading system which makes it easier especially for those that are starting out. Threading can be a great hurdle if any assistance is not offered and most of their models cater to this fully.
Having a friendly design can make even the most foreign of things look familiar and simple to operate. Baby Lock features some of the most user friendly designs that are not only easy to use but also easy on the eyes and to get around.
Here are the top 10 Baby Lock Sewing machines that might be a good fit to look into for all your sewing needs.
1. Baby Lock Aventura Embroidery & Sewing Machine (BLMAV)
The Aventura is truly a jack of all trades and is capable of not only completing sewing tasks but embroidery as well.
It features among others more than 300 in built stitches that leaves your creativity with all the options to choose from and a wide variety of tasks that can be completed by the machine.
A top loading bobbin and quick set make the startup process a less stressful process and easier for the starters who might find loading the bobbin a complicated and tedious process.
One of the standout features that come with the Aventura from Baby Lock is the automatic fabric sensor that allows for the appropriate tension and pressure for better and more appealing results without any extra input from you.
There is also a color LCD screen that allows the user to access designs and setting with ease and within a simple and quick touch. There is also a two way USB connectivity that allows you to save your designs and access them when the need arises with ease and portability.
- The machine has plenty of features that users can choose from which also diversify its applications.
- It is quick and easy to set up.
- It is an ideal pick even for the newbies whether it is in sewing or embroidery.
- You can only order for it at the company’s retail store.
- It does not come with a sewing ligh
2. Baby Lock Soprano Sewing Machine Only (BLMSP).
With the soprano, you can easily hit high notes in your sewing. It is the perfect side kick for a sewing enthusiast with plenty of features to choose from.
It has an LCD screen that allows you to have easy access to your stitch settings and information on the stitch type that you are currently using making it quite handy.
It also features an inbuilt stitch memory system where you can have all your favorite stitches or when you need particular setting for a particular project.
There are over 300 built in stitches present which allows for ultimate creative options and also decorative options.
- The machine is easy to set up and to load the bobbin.
- Come with an inbuilt accessory storage.
- Has a number of warranties available which include warranties for parts and the computer circuit.
- There is a smaller space needle to column.
- The placement of feed dog control lever can be an inconvenience.
3. Baby Lock Lyric Sewing Machine Only (BLMLR).
With more than 250 built in stitches, this particular model offers more or less the same room for creativity as others that have a slightly higher number of stitches to choose from.
It is also fitted with the very handy LCD screen that displays vital information like the stitch type and stitch setting that you are using.
It has push button features which make selecting settings much easier and also easy access to the start and stop sewing feature.
- The machine comes with a 25 year limited warranty.
- It is easy to work with especially because of the push button feature.
- You may have to contend with the fewer built in stitches even though this should not be a primary problem.
4. Baby Lock Katherine Sewing Machine.
This is one of those models that offers a fine blend that balances experienced and new users.
Among the features that are included in this model include a drop in bobbin winder and a built in bobbin winder.
There are 190 built-in stitches to allow you complete any stitching task with 14 snap on accessory feet included.
- The machine comes with a variety of warranties available to safeguard your investment.
- Has a wide variety of features that expand its diversity and functionality.
- It is not possible to complete your embroidery processes on this machine.
- It does not have as many stitch patterns.
5. Baby Lock Destiny Sewing, Embroidery & Quilting machine.
With these three in one machine, you can complete a variety of sewing tasks regardless of what your line of business is as long as it is in sewing.
It comes with a variety of features that include a touch LCD HD screen with video playback that allows you to watch your favorite video tutorials. The screen is larger which makes it easier to maneuver around the buttons.
It also features a sensor pen which allows you to easily know where to place the embroidery design with ease and efficiency.
Other features include a number of USB drives and an improved and enhanced stage lighting to make sewing much easier even in reduced lighting.
- It has plenty of features to fit even for the most demanding jobs.
- Is a great bargain since it is an all-in-one.
- Improved visual effects.
- The machine comes at quite the cost which can be hard to afford when you are working on a budget.
6. Baby Lock Amelia Sewing Machine.
This is a great option if you are looking for a sewing machine to fit when you are a starter but one that does not tie you down to the basics.
It is quite light weight weighing only 11.2 pounds which makes it easier if you are looking for something to take to classes or on retreats.
It comes with a drop in bobbin that makes it easy to replace and load quickly even for the novices.
It also comes with push button features which makes it easier to program the needle to up or down and reinforce any stitches.
- It is lightweight and quite portable.
- Has a simple and easy to navigate user interface.
- It is the ideal fit for beginners and intermediaries.
- It is not an ideal buy for the more experienced buyers or those that are looking to complete more complex projects.
7. Baby Lock Ellisimo Gold 2 Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
There are plenty of interesting features which are also quite helpful like the LCD color touch screen that comes in HD. It allows the user to view clearer images and easier to use touch screen buttons.
It also has a needle beam that helps highlights the needle drop point ensuring that you are aware of where the needle will fall.
Other features include enhanced stadium lighting, USB drives and an onscreen designer tablet that comes with a Sketchpad.
- It is a great purchase for people that are looking to complete highly accurate projects.
- State of the art features that allow for faster and more effective results.
- Comes with a large number of accessories.
- May not be ideal for starters owing to the large number of features some of which might be confusing to those that are not well versed with the machine.
8. Baby Lock Journey Sewing and Embroidery Machine.
The Baby Lock Journey sets you up for the best sewing journey and doubles this with the ability to have your embroidery done as well.
Some of the features that come with this machine include the top loading bobbin and an enhanced stadium lighting.
It also comes with a colored LCD touch screen and an automatic needle threader and push button features.
- Is simple and easy to use even for beginners.
- Is a great buy even for those that are looking to have something that can hold up to the test of time.
- Has plenty of handy features for the user.
- Can be a bit complex for the beginners.
9. Baby Lock Aria Sewing and Quilting Machine.
If you are looking to set yourself up for sewing and quilting success, the Aria from Baby Lock could be the best choice.
It comes with a digital dual feed system, a color LCD touch screen and an enhanced stadium lighting that makes it easier to sew and quilt even in reduced light intensity.
There is also an automatic needle threader that makes it easier to thread, push button features as well as larger throat space.
- A vast array of features that make the machine quite diverse.
- It is equally capable of quilting success as well as sewing.
- It is not the best when it comes to embroidery.
10. Baby Lock Melody Sewing and Quilting Machine.
Ease and convenience are the primary pillars of the model. To emphasize the point, it comes with an advanced needle threader with a quick set top loading bobbin.
There is also a push button features that make your sewing much easier and more precise and comes with a quick set bobbin winder.
It comes complete with quilting table which makes it quite easy knowing that quilting requires quite a bit of space.
- It comes with 25 years of warranty.
- Has the features to make both sewing and quilting a breeze.
- It is quite costly.
- Can be a handful for a novice.
Even though there are plenty of models that are available from Baby Lock, these 10 a great place to start and they cover virtually every sewing need that you would possible have.