When it comes to sewing it can be a great pass time that allows you to calm down and relax, a casual occupation which allows you to come up with some great designs that you can add to your home and on a larger scale, it can be a reliable source of income. Regardless of why you are into sewing, a reliable and capable sewing machine can prove to be an asset to your efforts. The only problem is choosing the right one from an army of sewing machines that are currently available in the market. Here are 10 that would be a great place to start.
Why they are a great fit for home use.
As a sewing enthusiast, there is a lot that you have to consider before you pick a machine. This is more so the case when you are picking one for your home. Some of the areas that you should focus on before making the purchase include;
Features: seeing that you might have the flexibility to spend, you should then prioritize the features that the machine should be able to offer. These may differ depending on what you want to use the machine for or what you prefer.
Portability: this is particularly important if you are not going to have a designated place where you can do your sewing. As such you will need to move the machine once you’re done with your work for safety purposes especially when there are children around. This is why a portable sewing machine is essential.
Price: lastly, you can consider the price. You still have to make sure you are getting the best possible deal and not spending too much.
Top 10 Best Sewing Machines for Home Use.
There are plenty of features that this machine has to offer. Its intuitive design is to die for and for those that are looking to learn about sewing, this can be a great asset as well. It is heavy duty and has the capability to complete up to 850 stitches per minute and with the help of other features like the automatic thread cutter, tension control and needle threader, you could never get a better experience with any other machine.
- Plenty of features to choose from.
- More than 600 stitches to choose from.
- The features can be customized to fit your sewing projects.
- There are no tutorials or videos on how to make the most out of the machine making harder to get used to
Brother Project Runway PC420PRW 294-Stitch Professional
The greatest feature that makes this one of a kind machine a winner is its ability to mesh a great deal of capabilities with a user friendly interface that is able to give even the beginner an easier time. Its array of features include multiple stich patterns and button hole styles as well as presser feet. It is capable of putting together up to 850 stitches per minute which helps you cut some serious time on your projects. To make the product even better, it also features an automatic feature that can be quite handy especially to the beginners. There is nothing not to love about the Brother PC420PRW.
The Brother PC420PRW has quite a number of benefits. These include;
- The machine is quite fast and a great fit especially if you’re looking to buy it for business. It will be hard to ever miss a deadline with such a great machine.
- It has plenty of features which include up to 294 built in stitches among others that make its applicability quite diverse.
- It also has a design to much its superiority but this does not make it complex to use which make the machine a preferred choice to those that are also getting into sewing.
On the flipside, there are some aspects of the machine that could use some improvement.
- The stand-out in this instance has to be the fact that the thread tension has to be adjusted manually which requires experience to get done correctly.
Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
This particular model from Brother features up to 60 stitch patterns and seven button hole styles. However, the limited number of stitch patterns and button holes should not lead you to think that it is not capable. You can complete all kinds of projects on this machine. Its strongest feature has to be the design and the ability to adapt to your sewing needs and experience. It also comes with an automatic setting for the width of the stitch and length, the user also has the power to manually adjust these settings. This is why the machine has become a highly rated product.
- The machine is quite easy to use.
- It can help novices improve and learn more about their art.
- The Brother CS6000i can also be used to complete very advanced projects as it cuts across the board.
- The tension is controlled by a dial is primarily manual which can make it tricky to get the exact setting you want not to mention that setting a manual tension can be a pain.
Janome 8077 Computerized Sewing Machine
There is plenty going on for this machine. It has plenty of automatic features that include an automatic needle threader, thread cutter and bobbin winder. It is also worth mentioning that it has a speed of 820 stitches per minute but the best thing about it is that the speed can be adjusted to suit the less experienced. The machine is primarily suited for the newer users but also features some features that would blend well with experience like the stitch width and length adjustment.
- The machine is loaded with plenty of automatic features that make it easier to use.
- It is an ideal buy for the new users regardless of the uses they would like to put it to.
- It can be helpful in teaching beginners sewers the art of proper sewing.
- It has only 30 stitch patterns and 8 button hole patterns which is quite a few.
- The thread tension is done manually.
SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
The Singer 7258 is not only bountiful in the number of features that it has to offer but it is also quite flexible and can be adjusted to fit practically any project that you would like to complete. Some of the features that this machine has to offer include over 100 stitch patterns and 10 different presser feet.
It also features a heavy duty build with an adjustable speed of about 750 stitches per minute with twin needle capabilities to make the sewing much faster. One of the more beneficial features that you will find especially for the beginners is the automatic tension controls.
- Has an automatic tension control which is great for the beginners.
- Has a wide variety of customizable features which makes it ideal for both the experienced and the newbies.
- It is a great machine that can serve you for a long time even as your skills and demands increase without requiring replacement.
- The user might have to contend with the slower sewing speed even though it is a fair price to pay.
Brother Project Runway CE7070PRW 70-Stitch Computerized
A speed of about 850 stitches per minute is what highlights the capacity of this sewing machine but there are a variety of other features which include an automatic needle threader and bobbin winder
It is quite lightweight at only 13 pounds and comes with an LCD computer display that allows for easier use because it shows the stitch patterns and other error messages.
- It is a great machine even for those that are looking to learn.
- It has plenty of feature to step up to the big time machines.
- It is light weight and portable.
- Has an intuitive design.
- It only functions with a foot controller which can be a major setback.
TOYOTA Heavy-Duty Metal Interior STF39 (STF 39) Sewing Machine with 20 Built-In Stitches
An automatic needle threader, bobbin winder and tension controller are some of the features that you should find with the Toyota STF39 with other notable features being the automatic tension that matches the stitch and fabric you choose. The machine has only 20 stitches programmed into it and a speed of up to 800 stitches per minute.
- It is the perfect buy for a beginner as there are not many setting to get around.
- Most of the features are automated for easier use.
- Easy to use but convenient and efficient.
- It has only 20 stitch patterns. .
- The machine is limited to only basic projects.
JUKI HZL-27Z Sewing Machine
The Juki offers the user the best of both worlds. On hand it offers the features that you need to complete complex projects including the ability to sew through tough denim with ease. On the other hand, other than its price, the machine also has 550 stitches per minute which is quite easy especially for those that are starting out in stitching.
- It is affordable even for the beginners.
- It has an impressive array of features for machines in its price range.
- It is ideal for beginners with enough features for the more experienced users.
- It is quite slow.
Singer Special Edition
With 221 stitch patterns, an LCD screen and automatic stitch design, the user gets the best experience. Other features that are quite beneficial include stitch memory with editing features, stitch elongation and mirror imaging for better results.
- Rich in features.
- Is easily customizable for the best user experience and better results.
- The user interface is quite complicated for beginners to use.
SINGER 9970 600 Stitch
There are a lot of interesting features that this machine has to offer. For instance, there is the automatic needle threader, a top drop bobbin and 600 built in stitches. Stitch editing and capabilities allow you to control the exact look of your work and you also get six extra bonus feet.
- Plenty of features for the best results.
- Easy to set up.
- Comes with an LCD screen for easier use.
- Beginners may have a problem since the machine is a bit complex to use.
The best sewing machines have plenty to offer. Even though price does not mean you get the best quality, with this list, you can ensure that you are able to get ne that suits your needs and matches the projects that you are looking to handle. S